Nothing says summer so much as fresh tomatoes – preferably the ones you have struggled to grow yourself on you balcony or kitchen window. This time I settled with store bought, but as a Skåne resident – I have the luxury of freshly and locally produced products.
- 1-2 sweet potatoes (I picked purple for this occasion)
- 1 large onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 3 dl of pre-cooked white beans
- BBQ spice
- home made or store bought tomato-sauce with chili
- a handfull of fresh tomatoes
- olive oil
- white wine vinegar
- Start your oven to 200 C. Rinse the tomatoes and coriander
- Peel your sweet potato. Slice it to 1 cm thick slices and add them to a oven tray with some oil and salt. Bake for about 25-30 minutes until soft.
- For your baked beans, peel and chop onion and garlic.
- Heat up a pot and cook onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes on a lower temperature setting so it wont get colour. Add your beans, BBQ spice and some salt. continue to cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce to your baked beans, add 1 dl of water and season. Let it simmer for at least 10 minutes. The longer you cook it – the better!
- Cut your fresh tomatoes on to smaller bits and chop up the fresh coriander.
- Mix the tomatoes and coriander with oil, vinegar, salt, sugar, pepper and some chili if you like the heat.
- Serve your baked beans in a deep bowl, top of with baked potatoes and top of with salsa. Enjoy with a glass of chilled red wine.