I’m still learning how to love myself and how to be happy with my life to the fullest. But if I could go back in time and talk to my younger self, I will give her these tips.
1. ACCEPT YOUR FLAWS AND EMBRACE THEM. You are full of flaws but your flaws are what define you and make you unique so learn to embrace them so no one can use them against you.
2. NEVER LET OTHER PEOPLES OPINIONS OR THOUGHT ABOUT YOU DEFINE YOU. You know yourself better than everybody else, so don’t let people tell you who you are or what you can become that’s all up to you.
3. BE SELFISH & SAY NO. This may sound bad but you cannot always take other people’s problems and make them your own so they can live happy while you are miserable, learn to say no, and think about your well being first.
4. DO YOU. Do whatever makes you happy, because no matter what you do, you will never please everybody in your life, but you can be happy and live the life that you desire for yourself.
5. STOP TRYING TO BE PERFECT. You are not perfect and no matter how hard you try you will never be and the reason is that everybody has their own opinions about what perfection means, plus being perfect is boring you miss a lot of things.
6. STOP TRYING TO HAVE EVERYTHING UNDER CONTROL. You can try as hard as you want to keep your life the way you want but life will put you to difficult times and situations to make you better as a human being so learn from these situations to upgrade yourself.
7. DON’T HAVE BIG EXPECTATIONS ON OTHERS SO LEARN TO FORGET AND LET GO. The more you expect from others the bigger the disappointment is going to be, so keep in mind that they are humans and make mistakes just like you. Don’t hold on to the disappointment, forgive them, and move on for your own well being.
8. RESPECT YOURSELF. If you respect yourself others will, so never disrespect yourself or look down on yourself. You are beautiful and deserve nothing but the best in life.
9. BE GRATEFUL. It doesn’t matter how bad you think you have it because someone out there is having it worst so be thankful for every little thing you have and never take it for granted.
10. ENJOY EVERY MILESTONE OF YOUR LIFE. Try to enjoy every year of your life because is never coming back, enjoy being a child, a teenager, your 20’s, 30’s, 40,s and so on, because these are the years that are going to define you and you are going to learn more about yourself, so don’t rush every stage but enjoy it and create the best memories of your life.
These are 10 of the most valuable lessons that I have learned so far in my life, and I cherish them so dear to my heart because they were acquired through pain, tears, and overcoming everything in the end.
Remember that it is never easy to grow up and finding your purpose in this life, so live every moment, laugh every day, and love beyond words.
Do not forget to share with us your tips to your younger self.