Let’s be honest, nothing beats a perfect sandwich. Salads and macha in all glory, but there is something truly special about the perfect grilled cheese. For a person who really loves carbs, I truly hate baking. In this article, I’m gonna share my all time favourite easy-peasy no brainer bread recipe (and you don’t even have to knead or anything!)
Heads up – this is a recipe you wanna do one day before.
- 50 grams of yeast
- 10 dl of water (cold)
- 1 tsk of salt
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 4 dl of graham flour
- 12 dl regular flour
- OPTIONAL: When I make this recipe I always add different things to it. You can add sunflower seeds, a cup of oats, cranberries or change out the regular flour for whole wheat if you want a “healthier” bread.
- Tear up the yeast in small pieces and add it in a mixing bowl together with the cold water. Stir until dissolved and add salt and oil.
- Pour some of the flour in the wet mix and stir it gently. Repeat until all the flour is in the bowl. The mixture should be a bit loose but not liquid. The texture we are looking for here is between a really thick pancake batter but too loose to be kneaded. Adjust with more flour to get a thicker texture.
- When we have achieved the right texture, add the optional toppings or simply just cover the mixture with some flour and cover it with a baking cloth or plastic foil. Put it in the refrigerator and let it rest for about 10-12 hours.
- Baking time! Heat up your oven to 275 C and add a baking tray in the bottom. Take your dough out of the refrigerator and scoop it out on a floured surface.Its important that you don’t knead or you will destroy all the gluten that has been built up. If you want to make 1) dinner rolls, divide the dough into 10 pieces and fold them into little buns and place on a baking tray. If you want to make 2) a loaf, divide the dough into 2 pieces and gently place them on a baking tray.
- Bake your dinner rolls/loafs in the middle of the oven. Take a small glass of water and quickly pour a little bit on the bottom tray that we placed in the oven in the beginning. (the steam will give your bread a crispy surface). Close the oven immediately. Baking time for dinner rolls is about 10 min or until golden. For loafs; about 20-30 min depending on size.
- When the time has passed its time to take your bread out of the oven. Let them cool for a couple of minutes until serving since the heat is still cooking your bread.
Known for its rich textures, delectable moorish flavours, and healthy fruit and vegetable bases, West…Keep reading