There’s so much to think about when it comes to weddings, but something most brides forget about are themselves and their skin!
If you have booked a makeup artist to do your makeup on your wedding day, then they will hopefully tell you what you need to do to prep your skin for your big day.
If not, here are some tips to follow:
- Get to know your own skin and find out what you need to make it healthy, are you super dry, oily or a combo? This is important to know to get yourself a good skincare routine – If you don’t you will proably make it worse or nothing will happen.
- Start prepping your skin at least 6 months in advance to give it a chance to get used to the skincare products, heal your skin and give you that healthy smoothness and glow.
- Exfoliation at least 2 times a week, this way you’ll get rid of dead skincells and dirt.
- Face wash – Wash your face night and day with a good facial cleanser to prevent dirt from gathering in your pores. If you have blemishes, be patient and don’t poke at them, this can cause scaring.
- Toner – Use toner after every wash to stabalize your PH balance – Yes, that’s a thing.
- Serum – A good serum is key to really get deep into the skin and give it moisture.
- Day and night cream – As a last step in your routine you want to end with a moisturizer that helps to keep polution out of your skin and helps it to recover from what ever you did during the day. Oh and don’t forget about your neck and decolletage (chest) when doin all these steps!)
- Sunscreen – We can’t begin to tell you how important sunscreen is, either if you live in a country with 10% sun or 90% sun you should always put on sunscreen to prevent your skin to get damaged, burnt and from aging.
- Drink a lot of water, try eating healthy and take your vitamins if needed.
- Try not to stress, stress makes your skin break out more frequently.
- Stick to your routine – Unfortunately there’s is no such thing as cheating when it comes to skincare, sticking to your routine is very important for a good result on you big day!